Thursday, June 23, 2005

Swim Bike, feeling heavy...

Took an easy ride to the gym and put in 2000 meters--the SCAQ workout. Took my time getting it done as I was feeling kind of sluggish. May be because yesterday was two speed workouts together: the intense ocean swim and the sprint running. But got it done, focusing on good technique--long strokes, straight extension, nice, long gliding strokes. Didn't worry too much about time, though my fast 100 meter time was around 1:25--about 3 seconds off my top time a few weeks ago. So not a great workout but going back to basics on form is always good. Rode the bike back, making about a 6 mile bike ride all told, done at an easy, recovery pace.

So--long ride Saturday, long run and recovery swim sunday. Good week...

Kind of wondering if the current training sked might be a mite too intense given that Arrowhead is so far off. If I'm feeling spry, I might head out to Arrowhead on Saturday and crank through the bike course--maybe twice--to see what I'm looking at here, and how to train. Feel like I'm spending an awful lot of time training these days, though I feel pretty strong for the most part...

A

No comments: